Press ReleaseView printer-friendly version << Back
SALT LAKE CITY,
A photo accompanying this announcement is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/NewsRoom/AttachmentNg/29a16f2d-ecf8-4e4e-aac6-231f05a2fac7
The building is capable of housing up to 2,000 associates in an open, welcoming space that sparks creativity, innovation and collaboration. This 231,000-square-foot structure resembles a classic Roman coliseum from the ground and the iconic peace symbol from the air. Travelers flying into Salt Lake City can see the peace sign embedded in the design from a window seat.
“From day one of designing our campus, it was imperative that
Overstock worked with several Salt Lake City-based companies for the project, including:
“Achieving LEED certification is more than implementing sustainable practices. It represents a commitment to making the world a better place and influencing others to do better,” said Mahesh Ramanujam, president and CEO, USGBC. "Given the extraordinary importance of climate protection and the central role of the building industry in that effort, Overstock.com demonstrates their leadership through their LEED certification of
Attributes of the building that contributed to the LEED Gold Certification include:
- The selection of a former EPA Superfund site as the location for the building;
- Installation of View Dynamic Glass, which significantly reduces energy costs and improves employee comfort by automatically tinting based on the sun's orientation, time of year, and local weather conditions;
- A heating and cooling system that uses Variable Refrigerant Flow technology that transfers heat energy created from the onsite data center to heat the building, resulting in energy usage 33% lower than the average comparable building;
- Water-saving plumbing fixtures that will provide a 35% reduction in potable water use, which totals approximately 778,640 gallons saved per year;
- Fresh air intake monitoring system that maintains an optimal CO2 balance;
- Harvesting and manufacturing nearly one third of the construction materials from within 500 miles of
Peace Coliseum, including over 14,000 cubic yards of locally-sourced concrete;
- Sourcing nearly one quarter of construction materials from recycled components;
- Adjacency to the UTA Trax commuter rail and other public transportation.
Overstock.com, Inc. Common Shares (NASDAQ:OSTK) / Series A Preferred (Medici Ventures’ t0 platform:OSTKP) / Series B Preferred (OTCQB:OSTBP) is an online retailer based in Salt Lake City, Utah that sells a broad range of products at low prices, including furniture, décor, rugs, bedding, and home improvement. In addition to home goods, Overstock.com offers a variety of products including jewelry, electronics, apparel, and more, as well as a marketplace providing customers access to hundreds of thousands of products from third-party sellers. Additional stores include Worldstock.com, dedicated to selling artisan-crafted products from around the world. Forbes ranked Overstock in its list of the Top 100 Most Trustworthy Companies in 2014. Overstock regularly posts information about the company and other related matters under Investor Relations on its website, http://www.overstock.com.
O, Overstock.com, O.com, O.co, Club O, Main Street Revolution, Worldstock and OVillage are registered trademarks of Overstock.com, Inc. O.biz and Space Shift are also trademarks of Overstock.com, Inc. Other service marks, trademarks and trade names which may be referred to herein are the property of their respective owners.
This press release contains certain forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. Such forward-looking statements include all statements other than statements of historical fact. Additional information regarding factors that could materially affect results and the accuracy of the forward-looking statements contained herein may be found in the Company's Form 10-K for the quarter ended
Media Contact: Mark Delcorps, Overstock.com, Inc. +1 (801) 947-3564 email@example.com Investor Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org